The following criteria must be met to apply for the position of firefighter-emergency medical technician in the Brigantine Fire Department:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete a city of Brigantine application for employment.
- Provide a copy of a current, valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Provide a copy of a current, valid, acceptable New Jersey Emergency Medical Technician Certification card.
- Must be a Brigantine resident age 21 or older.
- Be of sound moral character.
- Be eligible to enroll in the Police and Fire Retirement System.
- Must pass a written test, physical performance test (medical clearance and liability form from your doctor prior to the physical performance test, must be provided), oral interview, background investigation, city physician’s physical exam, drug screening, and psychological screening.
- Pay a $50 testing fee for the administration of the written test payable by check or money order to the City of Brigantine when application packet is turned in to the Fire Chief’s office.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language proficiently.
Applications are available, only to the applicant, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday at the office of the fire chief. Applicants must submit the completed application package to the office of the fire chief during the same hours by noon Wednesday, March 29. Applications submitted after that time will not be considered. Applications previously submitted must be resubmitted for consideration.
Any omissions, falsifications, failures to disclose mandatory information or intentional misrepresentations of a material fact, could result in disqualification. All information submitted is subject to verification.
The written test will be given at City Hall, 1417 W. Brigantine Ave. No one arriving late will be admitted.