CAPE MAY – Cape May Brewing Company is throwing a St. Patrick’s Day "Paddy" at 2 p.m. Friday, March 17 in its Tasting Room, 1288 Hornet Road in the Cape May Airport.
CMBC will have eight Irish stouts to choose from:
• Sweet Stout, an unadulterated Cape May Stout
• O’Bourbon stout, a stout infused with oak chips soaked in bourbon flavoring
• Holy Mole Stout, a stout conditioned with dried chipotle peppers, cinnamon, and cocoa nibs
• Smoked Stout, a stout aged on smoked oak cubes
• Shamrock Stout, infused with mint extract and vanilla
• Seacláid Oráiste Stout, a stout conditioned on sweet orange peels and cocoa nibs
• Irish Potato Stout, a stout aged on toasted coconut and cinnamon chips
• Irish Coffee Stout, Avalon Coffee Stout infused with Irish Coffee extract
In addition, CMBC will be tapping the first brew from their employee one-barrel brewing system. Recently inaugurated, this small system is a way for CMBC brewers to test new recipes as well as for non-brewers on staff to get their feet wet with the brewing process.
The first brew from this system, “Irish Goodbye,” will be on tap all day. Named after the term frequently used to refer to leaving a social engagement without warning, revelers will want to stay around for this Irish Goodbye. An auburn-colored Irish Red Ale, its gentle roasted aroma will bring you in, while deep, mellow hints of caramel and apricots will get you to stay. Malt forward with a restrained hop character, Irish Goodbye is a clean and easy-drinking ale, with a medium body and full in flavor.
An Irish-themed pint glass will be available, as well as lively games and activities.
WZXL DJ Scott Reilly will be on hand live from 5-7 p.m., serving up classic rock’s greatest hits.
At 6:45 p.m., he’ll be drawing a name to win tickets to the Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival. One of the nation’s biggest beer festivals with over 1,000 brews from over 200 breweries, AC Beer Fest runs March 31 and April 1. Cape May Brewing Company will be defending their People’s Choice Award, two years running.
For more information, or for tastings and tours, see capemaybrewery.com or call 609-849-9933.