Welcome to History Notes, our weekly feature that looks at Egg Harbor Township history. Each week we get a chance to learn or reminisce courtesy of Lynn Wood of the Greate Egg Harbour Township Historical Society, who shares early photos of places in Egg Harbor Township with our readers.
This 1965 photo shows Earl Anderson, dressed as Santa, with Russell Swift (1904-1992). The H.R. Swift School was named after Swift when it opened to students in 1956. Swift worked for N.J. Bell for 47 years and was president of the EHT school board for many years, and president of the Scullville Volunteer Fire Company for several years.
Irish Celli Performance: The Kate O’Brien Dancers and Nae Breeks Bag Pipe and Drum group will perform 7 p.m. March 2 in the large multipurpose room at the Community Center.
The museum/library is open 1-3 p.m. the first Saturday of the month and every Sunday. Go to gehthsmuseum.org, see the Greate Egg Harbour Township Historical Society Museum on Facebook, or call 609-813-2002.