Welcome to History Notes, our weekly feature that looks at Egg Harbor Township history. Each week we get a chance to learn or reminisce courtesy of Lynn Wood of the Greate Egg Harbour Township Historical Society, who shares early photos of places in Egg Harbor Township with our readers.
This picture of an early sawmill powered by a dam at Patcong Creek in Bargaintown was taken in early 1900. Today the narrow sandy lane is Central Avenue, leading into Linwood. The last person to run the mill was Daniel S. Collins.
Irish Celli Performance: The Kate O’Brien Dancers and Nae Breeks Bag Pipe and Drum group will perform 7 p.m. March 2 in the large multipurpose room at the Community Center.
The Greate Egg Harbor Township Historical Society Museum is always looking for items of historical value. The museum is open 1-3 p.m. the first Saturday of each month and 1-3 p.m. every Sunday.
Go to gehthsmuseum.org, see the Greate Egg Harbour Township Historical Society Museum on Facebook, or call 609-813-2002.