GALLOWAY- South Jersey Gas has repaired a gas leak in a main that was discovered Sunday night, Oct. 16.

As a result, 215 Stockton University students, who had been evacuated, were allowed to return to their dorms Monday afternoon, Stockton officials said.

Areas affected were Housing 1-B court and Housing 5, Juniper building on the Galloway campus.

“The area is safe and secure,” said Donald Hudson, associate vice president for facilities and construction at Stockton.

Hudson said the gas company had to repair a damaged coupling to safely restore service. Students were housed in the nearby Lakeside Lodge on campus during the night.

A leak in a main pipe outside of the buildings was found and sealed, South Jersey Gas General Manager Barbara Del Duke said Tuesday, Oct. 18.

No injuries were reported and there was no impact on the facilities, South Jersey Gas said.

The buildings were evacuated as a safety precaution.