HAMILTON TOWNSHIP — Hamilton Township PTA Grant Chairwoman April Perrone addressed the Hamilton Township school board at its Feb. 26 meeting to inform the board about the $2,300 in grants provided by her organization during the third trimester of the school year.
The grant program provides discretionary funds to staff to enhance the educational experience for students in the district. The funds are intended to cover areas not provided by existing budgetary allotments or dedicated funds.
According to Perrone, a total of $2,303.75 was distributed. The funded programs included:
Oakcrest High School's Multi-Cultural Interest Club held is fifth annual Black History Month…
• K-1st grade schoolwide enrichment program supplies for the Joseph Shaner School, $330.48
• K-1st grade Space Night supplies at Shaner School, $1,000
• Sixth-grade microphone ball for William Davies Middle School, $179
• Seventh-grade exercise bands for the Davies School, $69.55
• Third- through fifth-grade special education class cooking appliances and supplies for the Hess Education Complex, $424.52
• Partial funding of the second- and third-grade author visit, $300
The grants bring the total amount of awards to $13,547.40 for the school year.
“We are pleased to be here to support the community,” Perrone said.
“It’s a big job, and the PTA grant committee spends a lot of time on it,” board Vice President Amy Hassa said. “I thank them for their efforts.”
Also at the meeting, the board scheduled its budget workshop for 8 a.m. March 24 in the Michael Duberson Library at the Davies School. Superintendent Frank Vogel urged all interested residents and community leaders to attend to be part of the discussion.