UPDATE: Stolen goods, military IDs and a grenade seized from Middle Township property

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

Laptops, DVD players, six flat screen TVs and what police believe is a grenade were seized from a Middle Township property at the conclusion  of a four month burglary investigation.

Charles Caruso, 42, and Darren Rogers, 43, of Middle Township face a series of charges after an investigation that included unauthorized possession of Department of Defense property, according to information released by county officials Thursday afternoon. Police also seized multiple military identification cards, according to a press release from the Cape May County prosecutor’s office.

Police chiefs Chris Leusner of Middle Township, William Mastriana of Lower Township and Matt Gallagher of North Wildwood also participated in the announcement. Each of the departments participated in the investigation that led to the March 18 raid, according to police.

Caruso faces several charges of burglary and theft, possession of stolen property, unlawful possession of a weapon, trafficking in personal identification, possession of stolen government documents, possession of heroin and cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of ammunition.

He was sent to county jail, with bail set at $150,000 cash.

Rogers was charged with several counts of burglary and theft, and was also sent to county jail. His bail was set at $50,000.

Also charged was Joanna Jordan, 28, of Middle Township, accused of receiving stolen property. She was released on a summons.

Prosecutor Robert L. Taylor asks residents to report any illegal activity. That can be done anonymously through cmcsheriff.net, through Cape May County Crimestoppers at 609-465-2800, or Taylor’s office, 609-465-1168.

(Story updated Friday, March 28) The raid took place on Woodcock Lane in Cape May Court House, county officials confirmed on Friday. 

According to Taylor, police found two grenades, a smoke grenade and another that turned out to be a training grenade that could not explode. Officials said the New Jersey bomb squad responded to the scene to identify and remove the grenades. 

blog comments powered by Disqus