Longport’s ‘Porch Store’ opens May 24

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

LONGPORT – The Longport Historical Society Museum and Porch Store will begin summer hours 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 24.

The Porch Store has Longport T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets and caps for children and adults, plus n novelty items including key chains, magnets and lanyards.

 The museum rooms include the 1882 Room, the Devonshire Room, the Police Room, the Betty Bacharach Room and the Ocean Room.  The Storm Room includes pictures documenting Longport's history of storms.  

Anyone who has pictures of storms, including Super Storm Sandy, is welcome to have them scanned for the museum’s archives. They will be quickly returned.

 The Longport Volunteer Fire Company Room on the second floor displays antique fire equipment and photographs.

 Plans are in the works to create a replica of an original Coast Guard dormitory on the third floor. Artifacts, funds or time would be appreciated.

For more information about Longport history, visit the Longport Historical Society and Museum located next to Borough Hall at 2301 Atlantic Ave. or call 609-823-1115.

 


blog comments powered by Disqus