Fire damages Hollister store at Hamilton Mall

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

HAMILTON TOWNSHIP – Officials believe a faulty fluorescent light fixture caused an electrical fire this morning at the Hollister Store in the Hamilton Mall.

Police got the call at 6:06 a.m. this morning (Thursday, Feb. 7) according to the Township of Hamilton Police Department who responded along with the Cologne, Mays Landing and Laureldale fire companies to a report of a structure fire.

The call came in from an employee who discovered the fire and called 9-1-1.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 30 minutes with assistance from a sprinkler system inside of the store.

The store sustained fire and water damage. No other stores were affected by the fire, according to the police report, and there were no injuries reported.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical, possibly from a fluorescent light fixture, according to police Detective Mike Robison and township Fire Official Frank Primavera.

 


blog comments powered by Disqus