Upper Township animal control says it has responded to over 25 calls of pets left outside

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

SEAVILLE – Shore Animal Control Services, which provides animal control for Upper Township, said it received more than 25 calls from residents last week reporting animals left outside in violation of municipal ordinances.

In a press release, the company thanked members of the public for responding to their request for help in reporting animals left outside during extreme cold temperatures.

 “We appreciate the public responding to our request for help in locating animals left outside in below freezing temperatures,” said Dr. Nick Holland, who owns Shore Animal Control Services. “Our officers responded to dozens of calls this weekend and helped educate many residents about the new ordinances the company is enforcing.”

Holland said Shore Animal Control continues to need the public’s help during cold winters.

“Older pets and short hair pets should have limited time outside during these extreme temperatures,” he said.

Animal control officers for the company patrol Upper Township, Woodbine, Dennis Township and West Cape May. Daily patrols are being conducted, according to a press release.

“With the help of the public, we hope to prevent any more animals from freezing during these extreme temperatures,” Holland said. “Our officers have had a chance to educate the residents about the ordinances and dangers of these temperatures and have encouraged many people to bring their pets inside. Our officers have been working closely with the New Jersey State Police and the SPCA and are very grateful for their help with many of these outdoor cases.”

Shore Animal Control Services especially needs help from the public to report animals in backyards that are not visible from the streets. Neighbors in Upper Township, Woodbine, Dennis Township and West Cape May can report violations by calling 1-800-351-1822.

Warnings and summons are currently being issued for all violations in the municipalities. Other municipalities can contact their local police departments to report animals left outside. Local police can contact animal control officers for those municipalities who will investigate.

Related: Upper Township: Move pets inside during extreme temperatures

Upper Township animal control ups enforcement as temperatures drop

Dog owners warned to protect animals from extreme cold

Winter weather survival tips from FEMA

Protect dogs in your neighborhood from freezing

Upper Township animal control says it has responded to over 25 calls of pets left outside 

blog comments powered by Disqus