UPDATE: Fire at Wildwood's Marvis Diner under control

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

Photo by Christie Rotondo/ Wildwood firefighters quickly put out a fire at Marvis Diner Monday.   Photo by Christie Rotondo/ Wildwood firefighters quickly put out a fire at Marvis Diner Monday.

WILDWOOD-- A small fire that started in the trash at Wildwood's Marvis Diner was quickly brought under control the afternoon of Monday, April 14.

Fire Chief Chris D'Amico said the cause of the fire appears to be accidental and that there were no injuries.

There was minimal damage to the diner, which sits at the main entrance to town on Rio Grande and Pacific Avenues.

Police had closed off a section of Rio Grande Avenue due to the fire that afternoon, but it was reopened by 4 p.m.

D'Amico said that the fire started in the trash at the back of the diner and caused some damage to its electrical wiring. It will be closed for a few days to make necessary repairs, he said.

According to firefighters at the scene, the blaze was put out in a matter of minutes.

"Due to the quick response of the Wildwood fire department, damage was minimal," Deputy Chief Daniel Spegiel said at the scene.


blog comments powered by Disqus